MCQ of The Voice of the Rain | Multiple Choice Questions of The Voice of the Rain
And who art thou? said I to the soft-falling shower,
Which, strange to tell, gave me an answer, as here translated:
I am the Poem of Earth, said the voice of the rain.
- What does the poet mean by ‘Who art thou‘?
- Name the poem.
- Who is the poet of ‘The Voice of the Rain‘?
- Which poetic device has been used in ‘I am the poem of Earth‘?
- What was strange in rain’s replying to the poet?
- Who are you
- The Voice of the Rain
- Walt Whitman
- For the poet had not expected the rain to reply. Therefore it was strange for him.
Eternal I rise impalpable out of the land and the
Upward to heaven, whence, vaguely form’d, altogether
changed, and yet the same,
I descend to lave the droughts, atomies, dust-layers of
And all that in them without me were seeds only, latent,
- Who is I in ‘The Voice of the Rain‘?
- What does the poet mean by ‘Vaguely Formed’?
- Who does the rain do with the drought-stricken and other waterless areas?
- Which poetic device has been used in ‘Bottomless sea‘?
- What does the word ‘Latent‘ mean?
- When do the seeds start growing?
- What does the word ‘Lave’ mean?
- Walt Whitman
- Rain forms itself unclearly
- Rain washes drought-stricken areas and fills them with life.
- When they get in contact with the rain.
- To wash
You may also read : A Photograph, The Laburnum Top, Childhood, Father to Son for better understanding of the poetry section and scoring higher.
And forever, by day and night, I give back life to my
And make pure and beautify it;
(For song, issuing from its birth-place, after fulfilment,
Reck’d or unreck’d, duly with love returns)
- What is the origin of rain?
- What does the rain beautify the things?
- Which poetic device has been used in ‘I give back life to my own origin‘?
- Which poetic device has been used in ‘Reck’d or unreck’d‘?
- What does the word ‘Wandering‘ mean?
- What does the word ‘Duly’ mean?
- What does the rain do after fulfilling the needs of everyone?
- Sea and Other Water Bodies
- By washing them and quenching their thirst.
- Roaming aimlessly here and there
- It returns back to its origin.
Do share the post if you liked it. For more updates, keep logging on BrainyLads