Extracts of The Voice of the Rain | Multiple Choice Questions of The Voice of the Rain
And who art thou? said I to the soft-falling shower,
Which, strange to tell, gave me an answer, as here translated:
I am the Poem of Earth, said the voice of the rain.
- What does the poet mean by ‘Who art thou‘?
- Name the poem.
- Who is the poet of ‘The Voice of the Rain‘?
- Which poetic device has been used in ‘I am the poem of Earth‘?
- What was strange in rain’s replying to the poet?
- Who are you
- The Voice of the Rain
- Walt Whitman
- For the poet had not expected the rain to reply. Therefore it was strange for him.
We would love your reading of Formal Letters, Notice Writing, Formal & Informal Invitation, Classified Advertisement, Debate Writing, Speech Writing, Article Writing, Report Writing, Note Making, Poster Making, Short Story Writing, Leave Application Writing, Descriptive Paragraph Writing for scoring higher in upcoming examination.
Eternal I rise impalpable out of the land and the
Upward to heaven, whence, vaguely form’d, altogether
changed, and yet the same,
I descend to lave the droughts, atomies, dust-layers of
And all that in them without me were seeds only, latent,
- Who is I in ‘The Voice of the Rain‘?
- What does the poet mean by ‘Vaguely Formed’?
- Who does the rain do with the drought-stricken and other waterless areas?
- Which poetic device has been used in ‘Bottomless sea‘?
- What does the word ‘Latent‘ mean?
- When do the seeds start growing?
- What does the word ‘Lave’ mean?
- Walt Whitman
- Rain forms itself unclearly
- Rain washes drought-stricken areas and fills them with life.
- When they get in contact with the rain.
- To wash
And forever, by day and night, I give back life to my
And make pure and beautify it;
(For song, issuing from its birth-place, after fulfilment,
Reck’d or unreck’d, duly with love returns)
- What is the origin of rain?
- What does the rain beautify the things?
- Which poetic device has been used in ‘I give back life to my own origin‘?
- Which poetic device has been used in ‘Reck’d or unreck’d‘?
- What does the word ‘Wandering‘ mean?
- What does the word ‘Duly’ mean?
- What does the rain do after fulfilling the needs of everyone?
- Sea and Other Water Bodies
- By washing them and quenching their thirst.
- Roaming aimlessly here and there
- It returns back to its origin.
Do share the post if you liked Extracts of Voice of the Rain. For more updates, keep logging on BrainyLads