MCQ Of The Rise Of Nationalism In Europe | Unit 1| Class 10| Social Science| CBSE
1. What was the nationality of the artist Fredric Sourrieu who visualized in his painting a society made up of Democratic and Social Republic? (a) Swiss
2. What do you understand be the term ‘Nationalism’, which emerged as a great force in the late 19th century? (a) Strong devotion for every country in the world.
(b) Strong devotion for one’s own country while disrespecting other nations.
(c) Strong devotion for one’s own country and its history and culture.
(d) Love and devotion for just own nation while hating other nations.
ANSWER: Strong devotion for one’s own country and its history and culture
3. What do you understand by the term suffrage? (a) Disturbance
(b) The right to life
(c) The right to punishment
(d) The right to vote
ANSWER: The right to vote.
4. Which freedom fighter has the biggest statue of himself in Gujarat? (a)Mahatma Gandhi
(b)Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(c)Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(d)Lal Bahdur shastri
ANSWER: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
5. Choose the option which best defines the given sentence. When an abstract idea is expressed through a person or a thing. An allegorical story has two meanings, one literal and one symbolic. (a)Allegory
(d)All of the above.
ANSWER: All of the above
6. Match the word with its symbol and choose the correct option. ATTRIBUTE SIGNIFICANCE
Symbol of German empire- Strength
Readiness to fight
Breastplate with eagle
Crown of oak leaves
(a) A4, B1, C3, D2
(b) A2, B3, C1, D4
(c) A3, B2, C4, D1
(d) A1, B4, C2, D3
ANSWER: A2, B3, C1, D4
7. The massacre at Chios, Eugene Delacroix happened in which year? (a) 1822
8. Which treaty recognized Greece as an independent nation? (a) Treaty of Vienna
(b) Treaty of Constantinople
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
ANSWER: Treaty of Constantinople
9. Between which time period did the unification of Germany happened? (a) 1866-1871
10. What happened in the year 1797? (a) Napoleonic wars begin