MCQ of Power Sharing | Chapter 1 | Class 10 | Social Science |
1. The population of Belgium is half of which state? (a) Rajasthan (b) Haryana (c) Maharashtra (d) Bihar Answer: Haryana
2. What is the capital of Belgium? (a) Beirut (b) Paris (c) France (d) Brussels Answer: Brussels
3. By the end of 1980s several political organizations were formed with the motive of (a) Independent Tamil Eelam (state) (b) Sovereign state (c) Certain rights (d) Priority in jobs for Tamils. Answer: Independent Tamil Eelam (state)
4. Where is the headquarter of European Union located? (a) Paris (b) Brussels (c) Belgium (d) Germany Answer: B
5. In which year the civil war of Tamil Nadu ended? (a) 2008 (b) 2009 (c) 2005 (d) 2007 Answer: B
6. How many times the Belgium constitution was amended between 1970 to 1993?
(a) 4 (b) 5 (c) 6 (d) 7 Answer: 4
7. What is the capital of Lebanon? (a) Damascus (b) Jerusalem (c) Beirut (d) None of the above Answer: Beirut
8.Brussels was presented with a special and different problem. Which of the following represents the problem? (a) French speakers constituted a majority in the country, but were in minority in capital. (b) Dutch speakers constituted a minority in the country, but were in majority in capital. (c) French speaker constituted a minority in the country, but were in majority in capital. (d) Dutch speakers constituted a majority in the country, but were in minority in the capital. Answer: Dutch speakers constituted a majority in the country, but were in minority in the capital.
9. What is the percentage of Tamil speakers in Sri Lanka? (a) 12% (b) 15% (c) 18% (d) 20% Answer: 18%
10. In the year ____ an act was passed by the government which recognized Sinhalese as the official language, which degraded Tamil. The government was following preferential policies that ultimately favored Sinhalese applicants for universities and government jobs. (a) 1956 (b) 1966 (c) 1965 (d) 1955 Answer: 1956
11. The community government is elected by people belonging to one particular language community i.e, Dutch, French and German speaking people. What powers does this community government hold? (a) Political rights (b) Defense issues (c) Cultural, educational and language related issues. (d) Option (b) and (c) Answer: Cultural, educational and language related issues.
12. Which of the following is a good moral reason for power sharing? (a) It reduces any chance of conflict between various social issues. (b) People have a right to be consulted on how they are governed. (c) Power sharing is a good way to maintain the stability of political power (d) None of these Answer: People have a right to be consulted on how they are governed.
13. When one after another government measures were coming in Tamil Nadu, ___ increased in the Sri Lankan Tamils. (a) Favoritism (b) Discrimination (c) Patience (d) Feeling of alienation Answer: Feeling of alienation
14. Which of the following is a prudential reason for power sharing? (a) Power sharing is good because it minus the chances of conflict between social groups. (b) Power sharing is the spirit of democracy, without it a country can not be considered as a democratic country. (c) Citizens through participation acquire a huge stake in participation. (d) All of the above. Answer: Power sharing is good because it minus the chances of conflict between social groups.
15.Which among the following would be considered as federal division of power? (a) Government at the regional or provincial level. (b) Legislature, Executive and Judiciary (c) Political parties, pressure groups and movements. (d) None of the above. Answer: Government at the regional or provincial level.
16.Select the option which represents horizontal power distribution. (a) Governments at the provincial or regional level. (b) Among different social groups (c) Legislature, Executive and Judiciary (d) All of the above Answer: Legislature, Executive and Judiciary
17. The following statements are about the power sharing system in Belgium and Sri Lanka. Which is the correct option? i. The Tamils in Sri Lanka demanded a federal arrangement of power sharing to protect their culture. ii. In Belgium, the Dutch speakers majority tried to impose their domination on the minority French speaking community. iii. The transformation of Belgium from utinary government to federal one prevented a possible division of the country on linguistic lines. Which is/are the correct statement(s)? (a) All of the above (b) i and ii (c) ii and iii (d) Only i Answer: ii and iii
18.The ethnic composition of Belgium is i. 50% lives in Flemish region and speaks Dutch. 40% lives in Wallonia and speak French. 10% speaks German. ii. 59% lives in Wallonia and speak French. 40% lives in Flemish region and speak Dutch. 1% speaks German iii. 59% lives in Wallonia and speak Dutch. 39% lives in Flemish region and speaks French . 2% speaks German Which is/are the correct statement(s)? (a) ii (b) iii (c) i (d) None of the above Answer: None of the above
19. There is a belief in many countries that majority community should be able to rule a country in whichever and however the way they want, even if they disregard the wishes and needs of minority. This is known as: i. Majoritarianism ii. power sharing iii. community government iv. central government Which of the following best describe the above statement. (a) Only i (b) ii and iii (c) None of the above (d) All of the above Answer: Only i
20.There is a power sharing arrangement known by ‘checks and balances’. It is the other name for which of the following power sharing arrangement. (a) Horizontal division of power (b) Vertical division of power (c) Power sharing among different social groups (d) Power sharing in form of political parties, pressure groups and governments. Answer: Horizontal division of power
Do share the post if you liked it. For more updates, keep logging on BrainyLads