Yoga and Lifestyle Class 12 | Physical Education | Questions Answers |
Yoga and Lifestyle Class 12 | Physical Education | Term 2 | Questions /Answers |
Physical Education : Yoga and Lifestyle Class 12
Yoga and Lifestyle Class 12 : A healthy as well as a positive lifestyle can be achieved with the help of yoga. Yoga is an efficient way to improve our flexibility, to lower our stress level and to enhance our confidence. Thereby, it finally contributes to a healthier lifestyle. Various lifestyle disease such as Obesity, Diabetes, hypertension, migraine and depression and back pain can be cured as well as controlled to some extent with the help of yoga. Let’s have a look at some of the important questions of the chapter Yoga and Lifestyle Class 12.
Questions/Answers of Yoga and Lifestyle
Question 1: Define the term “Asana”.
Answer: The ability to sit comfortably for an extended period of time in any position is called asana. It is a means through which physical and mental development can be achieved.
Question 2: Name the different types of asanas and explain how these can be used as preventive measures?
Answer : There are various types of asanas that include meditative asanas, relaxative asanas and corrective asanas. Asanas provide us various physiological benefits that helps us in avoiding variable lifestyle disease such as diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease. Hence these can be used as preventive measures.
Question 3: List the various benefits of asanas for prevention of disease.
Answer: There are following benefits of asanas for prevention of disease:
- Maintain a healthy body weight and reduce obesity.
- Can help in maintaining blood sugar levels, thereby preventing from diabetes.
- Can manage hypertension since blood circulation becomes normal by practicing asanas regularly.
- Enhancement in efficiency of excretory system.
- Helps in maintaining back pain by increasing flexibility in our body.
Question 4: What do you understand by obesity?
Answer: When amount of fat in the body increases to extreme level then such condition of the body is said to be obesity. Simply, when the individual weighs 20% more than the ideal weight.
Question 5: How can we say that an individual is obese?
Answer: If an adult is with a BMI more than or equal to 30 than the ideal BMI is usually considered to be obese. In the condition of obesity, the body weight of an individual is always more in comparison to height.
Question 6: Mention any five benefits of Vajrasana.
Answer: It is helpful in improving concentration.
It is helpful in curing dysentry, back pain and chest diseases.
It cures mental stress.
It cures the problem related to menstruation.
It helps in reducing hip fat.
Question 7: How can an individual know his body mass index?
Answer: If an individual want to know his body mass index then divide the body weight in kg by the height in metre square.
Question 8: What are the contraindications Vajrasana?
Answer: A person suffering from joint pain should not performed. Moreover, the individuals who have any spinal column problem should also not perform this Asana. Even the individuals who have some difficulty in moving should do this asana with a lot of care.
Question 9: List the asanas through which obesity can be prevented as well as cured.
Answer: If following actions are performed regularly then obesity can easily be prevented and cured:
Question 10: What do you mean by diabetes? Why does it occur?
Answer: Diabetes is a disorder that causes our sugar to build-up in our blood steam instead of being used by the cells in our bodies. Diabetes occurs in the condition when our body does not produce sufficient amount of insulin or when insulin does not work properly.
Question 11: Discuss the types of diabetes.
Answer: There are two types of diabetes:
Diabetes I – pancreatic gland does not produce insulin and hence injections are required for daily treatment.
Diabetes II – In this, the body does not produce sufficient amount of insulin hormone for hormone is produced sufficiently but it is not used properly by the body.
Question 12: Briefly state any five benefits of Bhujangasana.
Answer: There are various benefits of performing Bhujangasana such as:
It strengthens the muscles of hands.
It cures the disorders of urinary bladder.
Vertebral column could be made flexible and thin.
It cures gas disorders, constipation and in digestion.
It enhances the function of liver, kidney, pancreas and gall bladder.
Question 13: List the asanas that can effectively prevent as well as cure diabetes if performed regularly.
Answer: Following acids can be helpful in preventing diabetes:
Question 14: Briefly describe the procedure of Ardhamatsyendrasana.
Answer: (i) The left heel is kept under right thigh and the right leg is crossed over the left thigh.
(ii) After that hold the right toe with left hand and turn your head and back to the right side. In
this position move the trunk sideways.
(iii) Then perform the same asana in the reverse position.
Question 15: How is Tadasana performed and what are its benefits?
Answer: The procedure of Tadasana is as follows:
- Stand up in attention position.
- Lift your arms upwards. Stretch your hands upwards.
- Raise your heels, and come on your toes.
- Also pull up your body upwards.
- After some time breathe out slowly and come to the previous position.
- Repeat the same exercise for 10 to 15 times.
Benefits of Tadasana are as follows:
- It cause constipation.
- Individuals who want to in hence their height could also be benefited by performing this asana regularly.
- It is beneficial in treating hypertension.
- It improves body posture
- Physical and mental balance could be effectively developed.
Question 16: Explain about asthma.
Answer: It is a disease of lungs in which the airways become blocked or narrowed resulting in difficulty in breathing. The airways also swell up and produces extra mucus that usually triggers coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath. The excessive amount of mucus in passage further narrows the airways because it is sticky and thick.
Question 17: Mention some benefits of performing Pawanmuktasana.
Answer: Abdominal muscles could be strengthened. It also massages the intestine and organs of digestive system which helps in releasing the gas and thereby improving digestion. Moreover it in hence is the blood circulation in pelvic area and easies the tension in lower back.
Question 18 : Name the asanas that could be beneficial in treating asthma.
Answer: Asthma can be prevented as well as cured if the following asanas are practiced regularly.
Question 19: Briefly state the procedure of Chakrasana.
Answer: Chakrasana can be performed as follows :
- Lie flat on your back like Shavasana on the ground.
- Bend your knees and bring your heels closer to touch your hips. Keep some distance between your feet.
- Now raise your hands and bring your palms under your shoulders.
- Now while inhaling press your palms and feet on the ground and lift your body up.
- Try to raise your hips as much as you can.
- Hold this position for few seconds (according to your capacity) and keep breathing normally.
- Now release your pose slowly to come to the starting position.
- Repeat once or twice.
Question 20: What is systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure?
Answer: When the heart contracts then it pushes the blood through blood vessels and consequently blood pressure increases in arteries. This pressure is known as systolic blood pressure and the pressure between two heartbeats is commonly known as diastolic blood pressure.
Question 21: What is Hypertension and how can it be prevented as well as cured?
Answer: The long- term medical condition wherein the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated is known as hypertension. It is also commonly known as high blood pressure. A person whose blood pressure readings are beyond 140/90 mmHg, is said to be having hypertension.
Hypertension can be prevented as well as cured if the following asanas are performed regularly.
- Ardha Chakrasana
Question 22: Discuss the benefits and Contraindications of Ardha Chakrasana.
Answer: Ardha Chakrasana is beneficial due to following reason:
- Ankles, thigh, shoulders, chest, spine and abdomen could be made stronger by performing this asana regularly.
- It is effective in alleviating the upper back pain.
- Stress in the neck and shoulders could be relieved.
- It helps in curing menstrual disorders.
- Fat in the waist and thigh could be effectively reduced.
Contraindications of Ardha Chakrasana are as follows:
- Asana should be avoided in the condition of having peptic ulcer.
- Avoid performing this asana if you have migraine, headache, low blood pressure, diarrhoea and insomnia.
- Pregnant women should not performed this asana.
- Asana should be avoided in case of hip or spinal problem.
Question 23: How is Pawanmuktasana performed?
Answer: (i) Lie down on you back on a plain surface. Arms should be placed beside your body and feet should be kept together.
(ii) Take a deep breath. Knees should be brought towards your chest while exhaling. Press your thighs on your abdomen at the same time.
(iii) Hands should be clasped around your legs and hold the asana while breathing normally.
(iv) Loosen the grip every time while inhaling. Then exile and pose should be released after you rock and roll from side to side thrice.
Question 24: Discuss asanas as preventive measure in detail.
Answer: Asanas are beneficial in following ways:
- Immune system is strengthen: Immune system is strengthened by performing asanas regularly. Hence as a result, an individual become less prone to various communicable diseases.
- Enhances the efficiency of Digestive system: Various organs of the digestive system of our body begin to work effectively by performing asanas regularly. Food absorption become efficient and the storage of bile in gall bladder in concentrated form is also enhanced. Moreover, stomach and intestine are also strengthened.
- Blood circulation becomes normal: Since cardiac muscles start working more effectively and strongly, the stroke volume as well as cardiac output increases. The level of blood cholesterol reduces. More over the lactic acid and acid phosphate are also excreted from the muscles quickly and easily which reduces fatigue.
Do share this post if you liked Yoga and Lifestyle Class 12. For more updates, keep logging on BrainyLads.