CUET 2022 | CUET Exam Date | Syllabus | Sample Paper | Entrance Exam |
What is CUET?
If you are looking for admission in undergraduate programs of Central Universities of India, now you will have to undergo CUET(Common University Entrance Exam) for the academic session 2022-2023. It will be the only and a single window opportunity for the students to seek admission in Central Universities of India across the country. From Now onwards, scores of Class 12 Board examination won’t be the sole criteria for taking admission in undergraduate programs of Central Universities in India. Only, CUET scores would be given the consideration for being the part of such institutions.
CUET stands for Common University Entrance Exam. It is a kind of eligibility test, introduced recently by the UGC, for taking in Central Universities of India across the country. CUET is likely to be conducted in the first week of July in CBT (Computer Based Test) mode. Applications for this Entrance Test will be accepted from April 2,2022 on the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency).
Pattern of CUET
The aforesaid test will be based on NCERT’s Class XII syllabus and divided into four sections. Under Sections IA and IB, applicants will have to sit for papers on languages. Each section will contain 50 questions out of which one will have to attempt any 40 questions. The language paper will test candidate’s ability to read comprehensions based on factual, literary, discursive and narrative passages. Candidates will have to answer questions set in the MCQ format based on their understanding of the passages.
CUET (UG) – 2022 will consist of the following 4 Sections:
- Section IA – 13 Languages (Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi and Urdu)
- Section IB – 20 Languages (French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Sanskrit, Kashmiri, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.)
- Section II – 27 Domain specific Subjects
1.Accountancy/ Book Keeping
2.Biology/ Biological Studies/Biotechnology/Biochemistry
5.Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
6.Economics/ Business Economics
12.Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
16.Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga
23. Mass Media/ Mass Communication
25.Fine Arts/Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting)/Commercial Arts,
26. Performing Arts – (i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/Oddisi/ Kathakali/Kuchipudi/ Manipuri (ii) Drama- Theatre (iii) Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ Rabindra
Sangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion),
- Section III – General Test
- A Candidate can choose a maximum of any 3 languages from Section IA and Section IB taken together. However, the third language chosen needs to be in lieu of 6th domain specific Subject chosen by the candidate – as applicable (so the maximum number of tests to be taken remains 9 only i.e. 2 Languages+6 Domain Specific Subjects+1 General Test OR 3 Languages+5 Domain Specific Subjects+1 General Test: flexibility being provided to help a candidate apply for many Universities depending on their eligibility conditions).
- Section II offers 27 Subjects, out of which a candidate may choose a maximum of 6 Subjects.
- Section III comprises General Test.
- For choosing Languages from Section IA and IB and domain specific Subjects from Section II and General Test under Section III, the Candidate must refer to the requirements of his/her intended University.
Syllabus For CUET 2022
The syllabus for CUET 2022 will be shared by Tuesday on the official website of CUET. It will be solely based on NCERT’s Class 12 Syllabus. Students appearing in Class 12 would be able to do well in the aforesaid test according to NTA.
Important Instructions CUET 2022
- Examination will be conducted on multiple days in two shifts, depending on the number of Candidates and Languages/Tests taken by them.
- Candidates are advised to visit the NTA CUET (UG)-2022 official website https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/ , (available from 06.04.2022) for latest updates regarding the Examination.
- For any queries/ clarifications, candidates can also call at the NTA Helpline number 011-40759000 or 011-69227700 or write to NTA at [email protected]
Do share this post if you liked this post on CUET 2022. For more updates, keep logging on BrainyLads.