GK Questions Primary Classes | General Knowledge |
Today, students are less aware of what is happening in the world. They don’t know about current events. In the past, teachers and parents used to teach kids about what was happening in the world through making them memorizing questions to keep their General Knowledge updated. Nowadays, kids don’t even know about things that are happening close by. Therefore we have prepared some questions that can help updating your general knowledge.
1. Who is known as Father of Nation in India?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
2. Who became the first President of India?
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
3. Who is called or known as Father of Indian Constitution?
Answer: Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
4. Which organ is called the most sensitive organ of our body?
5. Giddha, a folk dance, is related to?
6. Who became the first Prime Minister of India?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
7. Which is the heavier metal between Gold or Silver?
8. Who was the first one to invent Computer?
Answer: Charles Babbage
9. 1 Megabyte (MB) is equal to?
Answer: 1024 Kilobytes
10. What is called the brain of the computer?
11. Which continent does India lie in?
12. Where are Giza Pyramids situated?
13. Where is statue of liberty situated?
Answer: New York
14. How many Cricket world cups have India won?
15. When is Martyr’s day observed?
Answer: 30th January
16. What are the first 3 planets of our solar system?
Answer: Mercury, Venus and earth
17. Which is the longest river of this world?
18. Gir National Park in Gujarat is known for its?
19. Which animal has hump on the back?
20. Name any three root vegetables?
Answer: Beets, carrots, and radish
21. Which is the game played with bat, ball and wicket?
22. Which is the Smallest state of India?
23. Which is the Fastest animal on earth?
24. Which animal is known as the ship of the desert?
25. Which plant grows in deserted areas or desert?
26. Which is the Highest dam of India?
Answer: Tehri Dam
27. What do we call the total distance around a figure?
28. What is a figure with 8 sides called?
29. Which colour symbolises peace?
30. What is the name of National Tree of India?
Answer: Banyan tree
31. What is the colour of Jasmine flower?
32. On which river’s bank is Agra situated?
33. What is the baby of horse called?
34. What is the name of national animal of India?
35. What is the shape of an Egg?
36. Which language is the Most widely spoken language in the world?
Answer: Mandarin (Chinese)
37. Which insect has colourful wings on its body?
38. Who is the writer of the play Romeo and Juliet?
Answer: William Shakespeare
39. What is cry of lion called?
40. Name any of the reptiles?
41. Cataract, a disease, is related to?
42. Which body organ purifies our blood?
43. Who wrote the National Anthem of India i.e. Jana Gana Mana…?
Answer: Rabindra Nath Tagore
44. How many colours are there in India’s Flag?
45. Gateway of India is located in?
46. Who was Albert Einstein by profession?
Answer: Scientist and Physicist
47. Which is the famous crop of Darjeeling?
Answer: Tea leaves
48. What is the Capital of Uttarakhand?
49. When do we observe our Independence Day?
Answer: 15th August
50. What is Sun?
Answer: A kind of star
51. Which planet is the nearest to Earth?
52. Where do we get solar energy from?
53. Which islands are a part of the country of India?
Answer: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep Islands
54. The place where a dog lives is called…
55. Which animal is called ‘Ship of the desert’?
56. Goitre is caused due to the shortage of?
57. Who did George Washington, the first president hail from?
Answer: United States of America.
58. Which is the longest and thickest bone in human body?
59. How many players play in a cricket match at a time?
60. Which is the largest island in the world?
Answer: Green Land
61. Which is the smallest bone of human body?
62. The term LBW is related to…
63. What do we call the Young one of a cat?
64. What is African nation ‘Ghana’ famous for?
65. Which game/sport is Saina Nehwal associated with?
66. How many days are there in a Leap year?
67. After how many years are Olympics held?
Answer: 4 years
68. How many sides are there in pentagon?
69. What is King Arthur’s sword known as?
Answer: King Arthur’s sword was called Excalibur.
70. place where bees are kept is called…
71. Which is the most peaceful animal in the world?
72. Who founded Microsoft?
Answer: Bill Gates
73. Who discovered and invented Penicillin?
Answer: Alexander Flemming
74. Who was known as Netaji in India?
Answer: Subhash Chandra Bose
75. Sony is a company from ….
76. Study of birds is called?
77. Who authored the book ‘Broken Wing’?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
78. What is the largest desert in the world?
Answer: Sahara Desert
79. Which direction does the sun rise from?
Answer: From the East
80. From which state does Kuchipudi, a dance form, come from?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
81. From which country did Margaret Thatcher belong to?
Answer: United Kingdom
82. On which day United Nation (UN) day is observed?
Answer: 24th October
83. In which season do we wear warm clothes?
84. The bird which can not fly is known as…
85. When should we cross the road?
Answer: When there is a green signal
86. A Place where animals are kept for exhibition is called?
87. Which festival is celebrated with colours?
88. Which is the only fruit that gives us oil?
89. Which is the most dense jungle in the world?
Answer: The Amazon
90. The national song of India is…
Answer: Vande Mataram
91. Which is the national bird of India?
92. The national fruit of India is…
93. National Education Day is observed on
Answer: 11 November
94. Children’s Day is celebrated on
Answer: 14 Nov.
95. Teacher’s Day is celebrated on
Answer: 5 September
96. Which place is called ‘Tea Garden’ of India?
97. Which is the smallest bird in the world?
Answer: Humming Bird
98. Name the largest ocean in the world…
Answer: Pacific Ocean
99. Which is the largest fresh water lake in India?
Answer: Wular Lake
100. Name the tallest waterfall in the world?
Answer: Angel Falls
101. What is full form of UPS?
Answer: Uninterrupted Power Supply
102. Name any four metropolitan cities of India
Answer: Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi
103. Where was Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose born?
Answer: Cuttack in Odisha
104. At what point does the water start boiling?
Answer: 100 degree is the boiling point of water.
105. Which state’s people elected Narendra Modi as the Chief Minister?
106. Which state has declared Sanskrit as its official language?
107. Who was the first female Indian Astronaut?
Answer: Kalpana Chawla
108. Who was the first Indian to go in space?
Answer: Rakesh Sharma
109. Who was the longest serving Prime Minister of India?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
110. Which is the smallest continent of this world?
111. Who was the first to invent the telephone?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
112. Which acid is found in a lemon?
Answer: Citric Acid
113. What is the form of governance in India?
114. How many states are there in India?
115. The first Indian Woman to climb Mount Everest was?
Answer: Bachendri Pal
116. In which state ‘Madhubani’, a style of folk paintings, is popular in India?
117. In which two oceans does Australia lie between?
Answer: The Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean
118. Who is the 14th President of India?
Answer: Ram Nath Kovind
119. Who won the first woman to win the Nobel Prize in India?
Answer: Mother Teresa
120. Who invented the light bulb?
Answer: Thomas Edison
121. Who is the current Finance Minister of India?
Answer: Nirmala Sitharaman
122. What is the national game of the United States of America?
123. What is the expanded form of NEWS?
Answer: North East West South
124. Full form of AM and PM is
Answer: Ante Meridiem and After Midday
125. Who is the Vice President of India?
Answer: M. Venkaiah Naidu
126. Which is the lightest gas?
127. Who composed and authored Panchatantra?
Answer: Vishnu Sharma
128. Who was the first Indian who won the Nobel Prize?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
129. Which region in India that has the oldest range of mountains and rocks?
130. Which is the highest mountain peak of India?
Answer: Mount Kanchenjunga
131. Entomology is a study of…
132. Earth’s atmosphere has …… layers.
133. Which is the biggest planet of our solar system?
134. Name the largest plateau in the world?
Answer: Tibetan Plateau
135. What is the right order of the planets in the Solar System?
Answer: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune
136. Who invented the Television in the world?
Answer: John Logie Baird
137. Where is the Ajanta and Ellora caves situated?
138. What is the border of India and Pakistan’s border known as?
Answer: Radcliffe Line
139. What is the ratio of width to the length of Indian national Flag?
140. Which gas is known as laughing gas?
Answer: Nitrous oxide
141. In which year did Gandhi Ji start Dandi March?
142. Study of Universe known is known as?
143. Who is the current home minister of India?
Answer: Mr. Amit Shah
144. In which state is the famous Ganga Sagar Melais held?
Answer: West Bengal
145. Who was the founder of the Sikh religion?
Answer: Guru Nanak
146. Who was known as the India’s Napoleon?
147. Who said ‘Do or Die’?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
148. What is the distance between the Earth and the Sun?
Answer: 149.6 Million km
149. Name the largest country in the world based on the area?
150. Name the most spoken language of this world?
Answer: Mandarin or Chinese
151. Which is the tallest man of this world?
Answer: Robert Wadlow from the United States of America
152. Which is the oldest bank of India?
Answer: The Madras Bank
153. Name the first biosphere reserve in India?
Answer: Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve
154. Who is the CM of Haryana?
Answer: Mr. Manohar Lal Khattar
155. Full form of HTTP is…
Answer: Hypertext Transfer Protocol
156. Which planet is called the Red Planet?
157. Put these shapes in order according to their sides From smallest to the biggest—square, triangle, octagon, and hexagon?
Answer: Triangle, square, hexagon, octagon
158. Who was the first to have discovered the theory of relativity?
Answer: Albert Einstein
159. When is Hindi Diwas observed?
Answer: September 14th of every year
160. What is the script of Hindi language?
161. What is the name of our galaxy?
Answer: Milk Mekhela/Milky Way
162. What percentage of water is available on the floor of our planet?
Answer: 71 percent
163. When is Earth Day observed?
Answer: April 22nd of each year
164. Which is the longest and shortest river of India?
Answer: Brahmaputra and Tapi
165. Which metals were known to the people of Indus Valley Civilisation?
Answer: Copper, bronze, silver and gold
166. Name the first female Governor of an Indian State?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
167. Which planet is also known as the coldest planet in our solar system?
168. Who was the first Muslim lady that ruled the Delhi Throne?
Answer: Razia Sultana
169. Where is the largest museum of India situated?
170. Chandigarh is the capital of both
Answer: Punjab and Haryana
# GK Questions
# GK Questions Primary Classes
# GK Questions For Competitive Exams
# GK Questions for Children
# GK Questions for kids
# GK Questions for Students
Do share this post if you liked GK Questions Primary Classes. For more updates, keep logging on BrainyLads