Planned Development Class 12 Notes | NITI Aayog | Political Science |
Planned Development Class 12 Notes : There are various organizations in the country which plan the development of the nation. Among them are NITI Aayog and NDC.
• The NITI Aayog stands for National Institution for Transforming India.
• It serves the role of Think-Tank for the government and for the Country’s policy wherein it provides the inputs to the process of Policy Formulation.
1. Planning Commission happens to be the predecessor of NITI Aayog.
2. The Independent Evaluation Office advised the government and it submitted a report to the Prime Minister on 29 May 2014 suggesting to replace the Planning Commission with NITI Aayog.
3. And the formation of the NITI Aayog happened on 1 January 2015 as announced by the Union Government.
4. On 8 February 2015 the first meeting of the organization took place with Narendra Modi as the Chairman.
• The Prime Minister happens to be the Chairperson of the NITI Aayog.
• The Vice –President of the organization is supposed to be appointed by the PM.
• The Governing Council – it comprises of the CM’s of all the states along with Lt. Governor of the Union Territories.
• The Regional Council – the main task of this council is to address the issues that specifically arise in certain regions. It comprises of the CM’s and the Lt. Governor of UT.
• The Adhoc Members-two members are selected from the Research Institutions according to their capacities.
• The Ex-Officio members – these members are to be nominated by the PM from the Council of Ministers. The maximum strength to be selected is four members.
• The Chief Executive Officer – this again is to be elected by the Prime Minister.
• The Special Invitees – these are to be nominated by the PM , the members are from the different arenas.
Objectives of the NITI Aayog
1. To influence Cooperative Federalism.
2. To look after National Security and Economic Policy of the country.
3. To provide the government with necessary advice regarding the Policy Formulation.
4. To create innovation , entrepreneurial and knowledge support system.
5. To encourage partnerships between key stakeholders.
National Development Council
1. It is also known as the Rashtriya Vikas Parishad.
2. This body is presided over by the Prime Minister,
3. It is the body that makes decision and does deliberations on the important matters of the nation.
4. It comprises of the Prime Minister , Chief Ministers of all the states and the Representatives of the UT along with the members of the NITI Aayog.
Do share the post if you liked it. For more updates, do subscribe to our website Brainylads.