School Notice For Holiday | Class 11 | Class 12 | English | CBSE |
What is notice?
A notice is an announcement that is meant for a specific group of people. Notices are often put up in public places or in newspapers and magazines. They always have important announcements or information, so the tone and style of notices is formal and factual. The language in notices should be simple and formal. Notices are always brief with all the important information included.
Format of Notice
Important Points to Remember While Writing a Notice
- Put it in a box if asked
- Write the name of Issuing Authority (Institution/Organisation/Company/Society) on the top in the center of the box.
- Write the word Notice
- Write formal date on the left side
- Write Subject/Heading in the center
- Write body of the notice in about 50 words
- End the notice with Signature, Name and Designation
- Do not sign if writing as a head boy or head girl.
Marking Scheme of Notice Writing
- Format – 1 Mark (Name of Issuing Authority, Word ‘Notice’, Heading, Date, Writer’s name with Designation)
- Content – 2 Marks
- Expression – 1 Marks
(Grammatical Accuracy, Appropriate Words and Spellings – 0.5 Marks)
(Coherence, Relevance of Ideas and Style – 0.5 Marks)
Sample of Notice Writing
Question 1: Your school is going to declare summer holidays keeping burning heat of May and June in mind. Write a notice to be put up on your school’s notice board in about 50 words. You are Abhi/Abhilasha, Principal of Delhi Public School, Panipat.
Delhi Public School, Panipat
3rd February, 2022
This is to apprise all the students that our school is going to declare its Summer Vacation, keeping the scorching and unbearable heat in mind, from 15th May, 2022 to 30th June, 2022. School will reopen from 1st July, 2022. Homework for aforesaid summer vacation shall be shared soon by the respective class teachers through WhatsApp groups. In case you need more information, contact your class teacher.
Do share this post if you liked School Notice For Holiday. For more information, keep logging on BrainyLads